Comfort H/S™ Hard Soft Bite Splints – $69*
The most widely prescribed bite splint
- Available in clear, blue or pink
- BPA-, metal- and acrylic- free
- 1 mm soft polyurethane inner layer rests comfortably against the teeth and gums
- 3 mm hard copolyester outer layer provides durability and bonds with acrylic for easy modification
Help your patients take a proactive step in protecting their existing healthy teeth by prescribing a patient-specific Comfort H/S Bite Splint.
In-Lab Working Time
Up to four working days in lab.
- Protects veneers, crowns and other cosmetic restorations.
- Relieves pain caused by bruxing, clenching and TMJ.
- The polyurethane layer enhances the durability and comfort of the bite splint.
Seat splint and evaluate fit and retention. If adjustments are necessary, adjust with carbide bur or Lisko-S disc. Polish if needed. Once seated in the patient’s mouth, check bite with marking tape to identify premature occlusion; adjust and polish as needed.
Impression, Bite Registration Guidelines
- Start with an accurate, void-free impression of both arches. Ensure no tears or bubbles are present in impression material for precision fit.
- Instruct patient to close into centric relation to verify midline position and bite.
- Then, place two cotton rolls behind the cuspids and instruct patient to close; with patient in open bite, inject bite registration into the posterior openings of both quadrants.
- In addition, inject bite registration into anterior opening to capture a complete open construction bite.
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Brush and floss before using the Comfort H/S Hard Soft Bite Splint.
- Do NOT soak the bite splint in mouthwash, denture cleaner or alcohol.
- Do NOT place the bite splint in hot or boiling water or expose to excessive heat (such as direct sunlight). This may distort the appliance.
- After use, rinse the bite splint with water and store dry.
- Clean the bite splint with soap and warm water ONLY.
We're Here for You on Every Case
Sign up now and we’ll contact you shortly.
Get a free welcome kit:
- Case boxes
- Shipping labels
- Rx booklet with coupons